On March 2018 the new standard ISO 45001:2018 which replaces the OHSAS 18001:2007 standard has been issued.
Organizations using OHSAS 18001:2007 are recommended to take the following actions:
- Obtain a copy of ISO 45001.
- Identify the gaps in the OHSMS which need to be addressed to meet any new requirements.
- Develop an implementation plan.
- Ensure that any new competence needs are met and create awareness for all parties that have an impact on the effectiveness of the OHSMS.
- Update the existing OHSMS to meet the new requirements and provide verification of its effectiveness.