In July 2017 the new version of the Standard (FSSC 22000 version 4.1) was published on the FSSC 22000 official website.
The implementation of the new issue is mandatory for all certified organizations from January 1st, 2018. From that date on, all audits (surveillance, certification, recertification) will be carried out against the new requirements.
All new requirements are available on the Certification Scheme website:
The new version includes:
- Changes on how audits are carried out (unannounced audits are introduced within the three-year certification cycle)
- Expansion (addition) of activities that can be certified (including almost all categories as defined in ISO 22003: 2013)
- Addition of new requirements for the management system such as:
- Management of services,
- Product labelling,
- Food defense,
- Food fraud prevention,
- Logo use,
- Management of allergens (for categories C, I and K only),
- Environmental monitoring (for categories C, I and K only),
- Formulation of products (for category DII only),
- Management of natural resources (for category A only)
- Specifies the time limit within which, the Certification Body is required to inform (upload in the relevant link) the Scheme’s web data base with information regarding the audits that they conduct such as:
- Audit Plan.
- Non conformances.
- Audit report.
- The certificate.
Information regarding the transition process to the new version of the Standard, can be found here.