On August 2018 the new version of the EN ISO 50001:2018 standard which replaces the current version (EN ISO 50001:2011) has been issued.
Based on the requirements of IAF (International Accreditation Forum), those of our Accreditation Body (ESYD) and according to our procedures the following apply:
1) There is a three (3) years transition period for migrating to the new standard.
2) All EN ISO 50001:2011 certificates will not be valid beyond August 21, 2021.1
3) Since February 21, 2020 any certification, surveillance or re-certification audits will be held against the new version of the standard (ISO 50001:2018).
Note: Those who have a certificate issued by Q-CERT and have a validity (Certification Period Ending) beyond August 21, 2021 should be aware that their Certification Period Ending is August 21, 2021 and not the one documented on the certificate.
There are two possibilities for transition to the new version of the standard within the certification cycle:
1) Conduct the transition during a routine surveillance or recertification audit. In this case additional audit time of at least two (2) to four (4) hours depending on the complexity and the size of the company will be needed (additional charge may apply).
2) Conduct the transition as a standalone (special) audit. In this case at least half a day of audit will be needed and it will be charged.
Should you have any questions regarding the migration process don’t hesitate to conduct us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the transition process you can also be informed by ESYD’s web page in the following link:
News & Events
Migration to the new version of EN ISO 50001:2018 standard